Easy Creamy Blue Top Potato Soup
- 1/4 cup Blue Top Original Creamy Street Sauce
- 6 cups peeled Russet potatoes (about 5 medium potatoes. Diced ¾ inch)
- 1 ½ cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 ¼ cup peeled and diced carrots (3 medium carrots)
- 1 cup diced celery (2 stalks)
- 1 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flower
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package bacon
Pre cook and crumble bacon and set aside.
Combine diced potatoes, carrots, celery and onions with chicken broth in a large stockpot. Salt to taste. Cover pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat (it will take about 10 minutes to reach a boil), once it reaches a boil reduce heat to medium and continue to cook about 15 - 20 minutes longer until potatoes are very soft when pierced with a fork.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat, add flour and cook for 1 minute while whisking constantly. While whisking, slowly add milk and cook, stirring constantly until mixture begins lightly bubble and thicken. Once potatoes are soft add thickened milk mixture into potato soup mixture and stir (potatoes should start breaking down into soup). Add 1/4 cup Blue Top Original Creamy Street Sauce and sour cream and mix well.
Serve with crumbled bacon, ground black pepper, drizzle of olive oil and and a squeeze of more Blue Top Original Creamy Street Sauce on top!